Saturday, July 16, 2011

Update: Summer Cryx WIP

So I have finished basing all the minis just today. They are so many. Insanely many! While I wait for the green stuff on the last bases to cure I will paint some solos or light jacks. This saturday will be spent hobbying and I am hoping to get a lot done. Tomorrow I will try to get a game in. Maybe even give the new format Unbound a whirl :D

here is a pic of the rest of my armies in their entirety. Lots to do, but I have high hopes for the McThralls which I will do in a assembly line fashion. 

Earlier in the week my girlfriend asked if she could try to paint something. She also wanted to be instructed on techniques and stuff so she asked if we could kind of tandem paint the same figure. That is a figure each but the same one. 
So I dug around my bits and pieces without much hope of finding a duplicate figures for us to paint (I did not want to paint any warmachine stuff off course) and what do you know, a griffon with a high elf jumps up at me. No! two griffon with mounted high elfes. 
I hastily clean and assemble them while my girlfriend jumps in to research mode, scouring the inter-webs for background and pictures of griffins. When I have finished cleaning and assembling she has decided to do it's body in a panther scheme. A kind of cartoony panther scheme. I think that is a great idea! The picture below is from maybe 2 hours of work and is just ready for highlighting. more blue is needed off course but I think it looks great (the pictures does not do it justice :S)! 
I just showed her the basics of basecoating, glazeing and shadeing and off she went. On mine I lost patients and after said bsecoat-/glaze-/shade-demo I cracked out the airbrush and went to town. Lots of fun!


More updates soon.


3 comments:

  1. I see some not-Cryx in that top photo!

    The colour choices on both griffons are pretty cool - not sure about the blue feathers but I bet it'll look good when it's done and the whole thing is suitably cartoony.

    The notion of painting the same model side by side is a nice one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! yeah, there is some Circle in there as well. But I mainly focus on the undead right now. Wanna finish those damn thralls.

    I dont think she's gonna do the feathers blue, thats the bodies basecoat bleeding over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I agree, both Griffons are pretty cool so far. Can we get updates on them as well?

    ReplyDelete