Tuesday, July 19, 2011

MechThralls Assembely-style Painting Step-by-Step Part 2

So I continue the thralls.

Step five: Metals NMM

Since I am doing thirty thralls at ones, I'm doing just three high lights and one shadeing of the NMM metals. The result will be decent enough and is easy to do (although this is the most time consuming part of the model by far).

I start by base coating the metals in stonewall grey and move on to wash the whole shabang with badab black.

 I then took a break and painted all the tubing and black stuff.
The highlight is done in three steps. First I highlight with stonewall grey, then with glacier blue and a final one with bone white.





Finally I shade the whole thing by applying azuremen blue to the darker areas, and thus creating a chrome effect of sorts. The effect is good enough for the table and quite effect full from a foot or two distant.
Now I will do the rest of the thirty and then move on. Updates coming soon.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of NMM, but yours looks great. The McThralls look great and don't look like they took too awfully long, especialy with the airbrush. How long do you think it took you per model total?

    ReplyDelete
  2. visst var det du som var på DL i sthlmn idag och spela? du har en väldigt rolig arme när det kommer till färgerna du har valt. tycker om det starkt, och du målar helt cp grymt med tycker jag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks. Well, the models are finished now and guessing they took 25 hours. at least. so about a hour per model.

    ReplyDelete