Sunday, March 27, 2011

Test model Bane thrall

Did a pilot model for y unit of Bane thralls yesterday. Took me most of the night, maybe four or five hours. But the rest of the unit should go faster. I will do (and did on the pilot as well) the purple with the airbrush and thus saving loads of time.
This week I'm moving to another city and will not have time to paint at all. So, instead I will troll the internet for new boardgames. I have a pair of them on my wish list right now, some new, some a little less new and one that is out of print and will cost me a small fortune to obtain. But, maybe since I "saved" myself 120€ today by finding one of the keys for my apartment it wont hurt that bad :)

And, I will also get 35 new models to put the brush to. One of which looks this awesome:
 See ya!

2 comments:

  1. i like that you gave your cryx color like this, gives them more life.
    what sort of color did you use to pint that guy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use almost entirely Vallejo Game Colors. Then I use GW washes on the yellow (the sephia one and ogryn flesh or whatnot) After a couple of washes of those i highlight it with sun yellow and mix in white. There is royal purple in there, airbrushed to the plates and highlighted with pink.

    There is alot to it. Glad to hear you liked it. Stay tuned for more to come :)

    ReplyDelete